|Audit Method/Approvals||HALAL Compliance|
|Service Type||Third Party|
|Analytical Service Frequency||One Time Requirement|
|Preferred Audit Location||On-Site|
|Mode Of Report||Soft Copy,Hard Copy|
|Service Duration||1 week|
The term ‘Halal’
is an Arabic which literally means ‘lawful’ or ‘permissible’. In Islam, this term refers to many aspects of daily life, but in relation to the production of products such as food, drink, pharmaceuticals and cosmetics, it refers to the composition of the products and the environment in which they are produced. The ingredients used must be judged to be lawful according to the principles of Islamic law. The most important principle relates to the slaughter of meat. Briefly, for slaughter of an animal to be considered ‘Halal’, the name of God must be invoked before the slaughter is carried outIt must be done with a sharp knife in one movement, severing the trachea, oesophagus, both jugular veins and both carotid arteries. The animal must then be allowed to bleed out completely. Throughout the process, pain to the animal must be minimised. Benefits for producers:
Benefits for customers:
- They can offer their products to the global Muslim market, which constitutes approximately 1.6 billion people (20% of the world’s population) and described as the most untapped market in the world;
- They can benefit from HAB’s Worldwide Standard, which has been devised by expert Islamic scholars and leaders in the Halal production industry to ensure it produces high quality products of Halal integrity;
- They can benefit from the advice and expertise of HAB and the Halal Authority Inspectors (HAI) to ensure products are Halal;
- The HAB logo can be used on product packaging and labels;
- The company’s details will be added to our database of Certified suppliers, which can be accessed by consumers around the world.
- There is peace of mind that the products they are purchasing are Halal without having to review the ingredients to decide whether they are suitable.
- HAB’s Worldwide Standard gives reassurance to Muslim consumers, wherever they are in the world.